Monday, August 31, 2009

Field Trip

I am away from the farm today on a 2 day field trip to the Raleigh, NC area to visit some great places and get some inspiration. It was a great day today. Visited a couple great places in North Carolina. The first stop we (Jenks Farmer, Bo Cooper, Kellen Goodell and myself) made was at the Center for Environmental Farming Systems located in Goldsboro, NC. We were guided around the research station by Steve Moore the farm manager and a expert in high tunnel production. It was a fantastic experience and very informative. Next stop was at the J.C. Rauleston Arboretum in Raleigh, NC amazing place, if you are in the area it would be a shame not to visit. Our last stop of the day was just south of Bahama, NC. This area is home to Hoffman Nursery, the premiere landscape grasses source in the south east and still growing. These great sites made me forget about how dreary and cool it was today for late summer.

Back at the farm I have been doing alot of planting in the greenhouse, hopefully when I get back I will update everyone on what I am planting for the fall season.

1 comment:

  1. You failed to tell me When you were comming to Raleigh! I could have showed yall around!
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete