Tuesday, February 9, 2010

potatoes for the formal garden

It is getting close to the time for potatoes! In this part of central South Carolina the recommended planting dates are Feb. 20 - Mar. 10 according to Clemson Extension. Yesterday I spent 30 min cutting up some different types of potatoes for planting in the formal garden. Jenks did me a favor and collected some different varieties for an organic market in Columbia called Rosewood Market.

klamath pearl potatoes
Klamath Pearl

russian banana potatoes
Russian Banana

french fingerling potatoes
French Fingerling

purple idaho potatoes
Purple Idaho

Later this week or early next week the potatoes for my farm are coming in for Colorado. I know it's a long way but they ( Potato Garden ) were recommended to me by another grower as a very reliable seed potato source. Plus their shipping rates were much lower than I could find anywhere else. My potato order includes an All Red, All Blue, and a fingerling that I can't recall right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment